I am grateful for fall veggies and fruits , when cooking or baking the warmth and earthy smells of the fall fill the entire room.
I will share some of my recipes with you.
28 to 36 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2cup granulated sugar
1⁄2cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegan butter
2 cups Libby’s canned pumpkin pure pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
* PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees f
* On parchment paper lined cookie sheet or silicone lined cookie sheet
* In bowl
* COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
* Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
* Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
* Gradually beat in flour mixture.
* Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
* BAKE for 13 to 16 minutes or until edges are firm.
* Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;.
* remove to wire racks to cool completely.
* Optional Glaze
* Drizzle glaze over cookies.
* FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons soymilk, 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
You can also add in raisins to batter or not.