This is a delicious healthy way to snack on game day, or when friends are stopping by. Skip the greasy pizza and try this.
It’s that time of year again when we get the party snacks flowing for football season, or a spiced up Halloween party. Whether your tailgating or watching the game at home or have a small informal get together here are some fun dishes for your next party!
These ideas are perfect for the high school , college student anyone just getting together , and it pretty healthy. Enjoy!
Peppy Cilantro Lime Chicken Flatbread Pizzas
* 1-2 pounds chicken breasts (3 -4 breasts) grilled and cooked throughly
* zest and juice of 2 limes
* 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
* 1-2 tablespoons adobo sauce, from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional)
* 4 -6 flatbreads (homemade or your favorite store-bought brand)
* 3 jalapenos
* 1-2 cups mexican-blend shredded cheese
* 3/4 cup red onion, minced
* 2 mangoes, diced
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
* 1-2 avocados, diced
* 1/2 – 1 cup chopped cilantro
1. Place all ingredients except chicken into a small bowl, dish or large resealable plastic bag; mix well. Add chicken and marinate for at least two hours and up to four.
2. Grill chicken over medium heat until well-browned on both sides and cooked completely through. Slice thinly or chop chicken (however you prefer it) and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375.
4. Place jalapenos on baking sheet, drizzle lightly with oil. Roast for 8-10 minutes or until beginning to blister and blacken. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes
5. Remove stems and dice. Set aside.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 375F.
7. Place flatbreads on large baking sheet (you may have to bake one at a time depending on size).
8. Dividing evenly between flatbreads, top with cheese, chicken, roasted jalapenos, red onion, mango and tomatoes.
9. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until flatbreads are turning golden brown and cheese is melted through. Remove from oven and top with avocado, cilantro and chipotle sauce.
10. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
* 1/2 cup plain yogurt
* 1-2 teaspoons pureed chipotle pepper
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place all items in blender
Or use whip and blend until smooth
Carrot Raisin and Pineapple Slaw
5 cups carrot, shredded 2 cups pineapple chunks, cut into small piece use either fresh pineapple or canned 1 cup raisins 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 Tablespoon pure raw honey 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons lemon juice
2. Drain the can of pineapple and cut them into a small dice.
3. Add the raisins and mix everything well.
4.In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, salad dressing, sugar and salt.
5.Mix well and pour on top of the carrots. Combine everything until it’s well incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.