* 6-8 cups Mixed Greens
* 1 cup cooked quinoa
* 1 cup fresh or canned corn
* 1 cup cooked black beans
* 1/4 cup red onion, diced
* 1 mango or 1 peach diced
* 1 medium or large tomato diced
* 1 ear steamed corn cut off cob
* 1 orange, segmented
* 1 ripe avocado, chopped
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or torn
* 1 ripe avocado
* 1 large lime, juiced
* 6 Tbsp orange juice
* 2 to 4 tsp hot sauce
* 1/4 tsp cumin powder
* 1/8 tsp chili powder
* pinch each kosher salt and black pepper
* 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro (optional)
* 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Begin preparing quinoa first by thoroughly rinsing 1 cup quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, then bringing to a boil with 1.5 cups water in a small saucepan. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook on low for 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare salad ingredients by chopping vegetables, segmenting orange, chopping mango or peach and warming black beans and seasoning with a pinch or each garlic powder and cumin
3. Prepare dressing add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blending until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I always add more hot sauce, orange juice and salt.
4. if you prefer to use a vinaigrette, leave out the avocado and simply whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
5. Either plate salad and serve with dressing on the side.
6. Leftovers keep for up to a few days, though best when fresh.