Day 28 WEGO Health Activist Writers Monthly Challenge #HAWMC
1. Lack of Doctors who actually want to help,I have personally lost faith in many of them if not all of the so called
specialists I have seen. And I just don’t have the money to keep wasting it on opinions only to be let down when they seem less educated than I am on the disease
2. When I find a treatment I’d be willing to try, I can never find anyone within a reasonable distance who even does it. Stem cells for example or PRP injections
3. I find many people who say they want to raise awareness, yet don’t take any initiative at all, yet they also have the disease. I’m not judging anyone but it just puzzles me.
4. Trying to keeping your weight down is virtually impossible when you have Osteonecrosis in the knee and Spondylolithesis in L5 S1 plus Osteoarthritis and your limited on what exercises you can and cannot do. I’m sorry but a recumbent bike just isn’t enough.
I eat pretty clean with a 1 or 2 day a week cheat day, I say cheat day, because depending on my pain, my husband will pick up dinner so I don’t have to cook but it’s still not ” junk” and yet it’s still is almost impossible, so if any health experts are out there let me know your opinion
5. Sticking to a regular exercise schedule isn’t easy. After all, there are plenty of potential hindrances pain level changes at a moments notice,I worry about doing more damage to my joints. And having to limit my weight bearing on my right knee to save it from additional damage or collapse has caused me to become weaker than I used to be.I hate that.
5 Victories That Keep Me Going
1. My husband and I decided to move to Florida in Spring 2017 to be closer to our daughter and granddaughter plus the weather is better on my body.
2. I said I was going to write a booklet for people newly diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis/Osteonecrosis and I did
3. I am so happy a few in my group offered to help me mail out the booklets. It’s exhausting somedays.
4. My support group is growing at a nice pace, not to fast or to slow. I like to keep it personal.
5. I found a doctor to do Prp injections hopefully since I have Osteonecrosis he will still do it after consult.