Asparagus,Onions Red Pepper & Zucchini Frittata
A great way to get more veggies into your diet and start
* 1 red pepper sliced thin lengthwise
* 10 thin asparagus
* 1 onion sliced thin
* 1 small zucchini, peeled & sliced into thin rounds
* ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
* 1 tbsp Butter & 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
* 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
* 6 large whites
* 1/4 tsp dried thyme
* salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven 350 F.
2. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. If using a non stick pan add butter and oil to pan then ad to heat.
3. Place zucchini in an even layer fully covering the bottom of the skillet. Cook 6-7 minutes flipping once half way through.
4. After flipping, add sliced onion and red pepper on top of the zucchini.
5. While they continue to cook, combine the eggs, parmesan, thyme, salt & pepper in a bowl whisking quickly until eggs become fluffy.
6. Add egg mixture to skillet and cook 5-6 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Now add asparagus
7. Finish baking the eggs in the oven 15-20 minutes until center sets.
8. Cool eggs in the skillet 10-15 before cutting into 4 wedges.
You can also add mushrooms or any blend of veggies you like
We also at our house add a teaspoon of chili sauce at the end.
I buy Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce.