#MyMightyMonth Days 27 to 29
January 2017 writing
Day 27 Pen Pal
Day 28 Baking Competition
Day29 Note in A Bottle
If I could pick a pen pal I would choose a woman in Croatia . Croatia is an Eastern European country with a long coastline on the Adriatic Sea. Encompassing more than a thousand islands, it’s also crossed by the Dinaric Alps. Its inland capital, Zagreb, is distinguished by its medieval Gornji Grad (Upper Town) and diverse museums. The major coastal city Dubrovnik has massive 16th-century walls encircling an Old Town with Gothic and Renaissance buildings. I have family in Croatia and I love learning the culture.
I also would love to have a pen pal in Chad but sadly they have very little education and mostly cannot read or write well.
It’s a country very different then mine or Croatia
But I think it would be a great honor to have one from this country to learn more.
Chad officially the Republic of Chad, is a landlocked country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, the Central African Republic to the south, Cameroon and Nigeria to the southwest and Niger to the west.
Hello I hope this day finds you well.
My name is Debbie
I was born in a town called Youngstown
Youngstown was founded by John Young in 1797 and is within the original Western Reserve of Connecticut.Young had purchased an entire township from the Connecticut Land Company. He paid $16,085 for 15,560 acres of land.
He actually is a distant cousin on my maternal grandmothers side.
I am married with a grown daughter and I am a grandmother
I was an optician and optometric tech for several years but I was diagnosed with a bone disease and was kinda forced to go to disability
A couple years ago but that’s ok.
I’m dealing with a new normal
The state I live in has four seasons
Winter Spring Summer and Autumn
Every season is beautiful in its own way. But my favorites are Summer and Fall.
Today it’s very cold , cloudy and snowy
So Tell me about yourself?
I have to admit it I am a really good cook and baker.
My Tiramisu is to die for.
I mean it’s not that healthy a dessert but its decadent and something you don’t eat every day.
But you will crave it.
Rich, Dark Flavors. It is an elegant and rich layered Italian dessert made with delicate ladyfinger cookies, espresso or instant espresso, mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar, and cocoa powder
* 6 large egg yolks
* 1 cup sugar (201 gm)
* 1 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese – room temperature (284 gm)
* 1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (420 ml)
* 2 -7 oz packages Italian Lady fingers(Savoiardi)
* 1 cup cold espresso (240 ml)
* 1/2 cup coffee flavored Liqueur optional (120 ml)
* 1 ounce cocoa for dusting (30 gm)
1. Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. This is your sabayon, remove from the heat and whip yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
2. Add Mascarpone to whipped yolks, beat until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks.
4. Gently fold the whipped cream in the mascarpone sabayon mixture and set aside. The mascarpone does not have to be at room temperature. Take it out of the refrigerator as you gather ingredients to make the recipe.
5. Mix the cold espresso with the coffee liquor and dip the lady fingers into the mixture just long enough to get them wet, do not soak them!
6. Arrange the lady fingers in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish (or container similarly sized)
7. Spoon half the mascarpone cream filling over the lady fingers.
8. Repeat process with another layer of lady fingers and cream.
9. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
10. Dust with cocoa before serving
Note In A Bottle
Here is my address.