* 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (soft)
* 1/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 Tbsp cornstarch
* One 15oz container ricotta
* 2 large eggs
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 1 Tsp grated lemon zest
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* One 20oz can crushed pineapple in syrup
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 Tbsp cornstarch
* 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Spread the butter over the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan or spring form pan. Slightly more on the sides and less on the bottom.
3. Add the crumbs – turn the pan to coat the bottom and sides evenly.
4. In a large bowl stir together the cornstarch and sugar.
5. Add the ricotta, eggs, cream, lemon zest and vanilla.
6. Beat until smooth.
7. Pour into the graham cracker prepared pan.
8. Bake for 50 minutes or until the pie is set around the edges but the center is still slightly soft.
9. Cool to room temp on a wire rack.
11. Drain the pineapple well and reserve 1/2 cup of the syrup.
12. In a medium saucepan stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
13. Stir in the 1/2 cup pineapple syrup and the lemon juice.
14. Cook stirring until thickened – about 1 minute.
15. Add the pineapple and stir in.
16. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
17. Spread the pineapple mixture on top of the pie.
18. Allow to chill in the fridge for at least one hour or more.