I have what may be a gluten sensitivity so I’m trying to stay away from what I love and that’s bread wheat and nut bread especially.
And as a treat I’m learning to make things gluten free.
It’s a learning experience …. I hope this recipe comes out ok….
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup cassava flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
0.5 teaspoon dried parsley
Pinch of garlic powder
Pinch of garlic salt
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
coarse sea salt
1. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 °F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds with 2 tablespoons warm water and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix with a fork.
4. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup warm water, the oil and the honey.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with fork.Add chopped garlic
7. In a small bowl or cup, add the baking soda and then the apple cider. It will start to bubble. Add to the large bowl and combine. You should now have a nice dough.
8. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and, using a rolling pin, roll out dough into a large square or circle about 1/4-inch thick.
9. Place in oven on baking stone or on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove bread from oven, brush with olive oil, dried rosemary and coarse sea salt. Continue baking for an additional 5 minutes.
It was a bit to dry for me ….you know how bread , pizza has that soft fluffy texture….mmm
this really didn’t.
It tasted good but for me the texture wasn’t there …..